Wednesday, November 01, 2006

AACCKK, November 1st?!?!

Happy November 1st! Can you believe it is already November?!? We left Chicago four weeks ago today and boy has the weather changed a lot since then. Today we saw the first snowfall (I know - just the beginning!) and Reagan's first experience with the snow. She walked out onto it, did a little hop and then proceeded to roll around in it for about 5 minutes, like it was carpet. Too funny.
The last week has been a blur, but I will try and update you as best as I can. Last Thursday, Anders received a phone call from one of his friends, Mats, letting him know there was a position in his office that had just become vacant. He suggested that Anders give his boss a call to set up an interview. This was in the morning and by Thursday afternoon Anders had been offered the job (conditionally). He started work on Friday and has been busy putting in 11-12 hour days ever since. How lucky and blessed are we? And to top it off, it looks like he will be getting a company car and cell phone. They told him last night that the job was officialy his so we are thrilled.

Over the weekend, Anders went to the south of Sweden for a boys weekend. I'll let him post about his experience, but anyone who knows my husband will be rest assured he had his fair share of fun. I ventured out on my own, while he was away. Friday night, I went to my brother in law's girlfriend's apartment for dinner with a group of people. I had a blast and really enjoyed meeting more people. On Saturday, I went out to one of the American girl's homes for a Halloween party - I wore devil horns and Prada...ha! I had a blast and ended up singing karoke (VHope, are you proud?!?!). Sunday, I went to eat brunch with one of my Swedish friends and another one of her friends. After we ate, we cruised around Stockholm looking for things to buy. It was so liberating to get out on my own. I was starting to feel a little dependent on Anders to get me around but this proved to me that I can do it on my own. Man, should I throw my hat up like Mary Tyler Moore and sing "your going to make it on your own"...ha!!

This week I have just been trying to get things settled with my Swedish classes. I go on Monday for a registration and profiency test - that should go by quickly. And today I meet with a lady about English and Spanish tutoring. Our stuff has cleared customs and will be delivered on Friday. We'll spend most of the weekend trying to figure out what to unpack and what not to touch.

And yes, still no f-ing internet so still no f-ing pictures. I am so frustrated right now and am only a few seconds away from buying a new laptop with wireless connection. GGRRRR!!!!

Take care everyone and send warm thoughts!
Monica

No comments: