Monday, February 18, 2008

Vitamin Cheese

Look what I found in the grocery store? Bulgarian sheep's cheese!!! Very exciting for the 1/4 bulgarian! So I just HAD to buy it and I just HAD to photograph it and taste it. It has the texture of a feta cheese but the taste is a bit different. At first, you think it's similar to feta, but as you continue to chew, it becomes stronger in flavor - almost spicy. A little research on the internet a few seconds later, and I discover that the consider this 'brined' sheep's cheese. And that defines this cheese perfectly. It's milder cousin, the feta, doesn't hold a candle to this cheese. I ran across a few recipes with this cheese so I'll be defnitely making these this week and posting them for you to try.

In the meantime, say cheese!!!

Sorry, I couldn't resist....

No comments: